Easy-to-use features on all Bayer test strips
- No CodingTM technology automatically sets the correct code so there's no chance of inaccurate results due to a miscoded meter
- Sip-In® Sampling quickly sips in your blood sample
- Automatic compensation for many common interfering substances (such as acetaminophen and vitamin C)
CONTOUR® NEXT test strips
- Exclusively used with Bayer’s new family of CONTOUR® NEXT meters
- High-performance test strips with next generation accuracy
- Multi-pulse technology evaluates a single blood sample 7 times for exceptional accuracy
- Tiny 0.6 µL blood sample
CONTOUR® test strips
- Compatible with CONTOUR®, CONTOUR® USB and CONTOUR® LINK meters
- Tiny 0.6 µL blood sample
- 5-second test time
BREEZE®2 test strips
- Compatible with the BREEZE®2 meter
- Easy to use, 10-Test Disc eliminates fumbling with individual test strips
- Small 1.0 µL blood sample
- 5-second test time
Save up to $35* every month on Bayer test strips with CONTOUR® Choice.
* Limitations and Restrictions apply. Savings vary by state and health plan. Eligible
patients pay the first $15 in co-pays each month and can receive savings up to $35
per month using the CONTOUR® Choice card. Not valid for patients
with prescription benefits covered by federal and/or state government programs (e.g.,
Medicare, Medicaid). Offer valid for those with private prescription insurance only.
Cash paying patients are not eligible for this offer. This card is valid towards
out-of-pocket expenses only and void where prohibited by law. Card is valid for
up to 12 months of refills or until 12/31/2014, whichever occurs first. Limit one
(1) savings card per patient for use across select Bayer HealthCare diabetes supplies.
Bayer reserves the right to cancel this program at any time without notice. Offer
expires 12/31/2014. Bayer, the Bayer Cross, CONTOUR and BREEZE are registered trademarks
of Bayer. © 2013 Bayer HealthCare LLC, Diabetes Care, Tarrytown NY 10591.
BAYER'S TEST STRIPS
The CONTOUR® and BREEZE®2 testing platforms offer No Coding™ technology, as well as no maltose and galactose interference.
Bayer test strips help ensure accuracy
- No Coding™ technology automatically calibrates to account for variability in reactivity of test strips
- GDH-FAD (CONTOUR®) and GO (BREEZE®2) test strip chemistry may be used in testing patients with maltose or galactose in their system—2 of the non-glucose sugars cited in a 2009 FDA public health notice1
- Interfering products containing non-glucose sugars include:1
- Extraneal (icodextrin) peritoneal dialysis solution
- Some immunoglobulins
- Orencia® (abatacept)
- Adept® adhesion reduction solution
- BEXXAR® radioimmunotherapy agent
Neither BREEZE® (GO) nor CONTOUR® (GDH-FAD) testing platforms use GDH-PQQ chemistry. Testing devices that use GDH-PQQ chemistry can report falsely elevated blood glucose result due to non-glucose sugar interference, which can lead to serious injury or death.1 Visit fda.gov/medicaldevices/safety/alertsandnotices/publichealthnotifications/ucm176992.htm for more information.
1. US Food and Drug Administration. FDA Public Health Notification: Potentially fatal errors with GDH-PQQ glucose monitoring technology. August 13, 2009.
Orencia is a registered trademark of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Adept is a registered trademark of Innovata plc.
BEXXAR is a registered trademark of GlaxoSmithKline.
CONTOUR® NEXT Test Strips
- Exclusively used with Bayer’s family of CONTOUR® NEXT meters
- Exceeds current International Organization for Standardization 15197:2003 requirements†
- Provides enhanced accuracy with each test by combining the following in a next-generation system:
- Advanced algorithm: corrects signals from various sources of error, including temperature, hematocrit, and user technique
- Multi-pulse technology: evaluates blood sample 7 times for a rich data set of processed information
- Proprietary mediator: provides increased stability for enhanced accuracy
†The current ISO standard requires 95% of results to fall within ±15 mg/dL for blood glucose concentrations <75 mg/dL and within ±20% for blood glucose concentrations > 75 mg/dL.
CONTOUR® Test Strips
These strips are used with the CONTOUR® USB meter and the CONTOUR® meter. Automatic accuracy with CONTOUR® test strips from Bayer. No Coding™ technology self codes when the strip is inserted, eliminating inaccurate readings due to miscoding.
- Unaffected by maltose, galactose, and oxygen*
- Automatic correction for common interfering substances such as acetaminophen, ascorbic acid and hematocrit
- Fast 5-second test time
- Small 0.6-µL blood sample
BREEZE®2 Multi-test Disc
This multi-test disc is used with the BREEZE® family of meters. Fewer steps with the unique 10-test disc from Bayer. No Coding™ technology self codes when the disc is inserted, eliminating inaccurate readings due to miscoding.